Winter CancellationsIt has always been a policy of the Presbytery of Northumberland to cancel events and meetings in the event of inclement weather. We will notify the committee members by email and/or phone call Before traveling to the Presbytery Office or any of the churches call first to confirm any delays or cancellations. During the winter months when preparing your church meetings and events always plan on a snow date.
- Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox - to download Firefox for free go to: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Subscribe to the Presbytery of Northumberland
Join us on Facebook
Upcoming EventsOct30Sun4:00 pm Administrative Commission for Ar... @ Arnot First Presbyterian ChurchAdministrative Commission for Ar... @ Arnot First Presbyterian ChurchOct 30 @ 4:00 pmShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Nov3ThuNov17ThuNov19Sat9:30 am Stated Meeting of Northumberland... @ Watsontown First Presbyterian ChurchStated Meeting of Northumberland... @ Watsontown First Presbyterian ChurchNov 19 @ 9:30 am – 2:00 pmShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Nov24ThuDec1ThuDec21Wed9:30 am Council Meeting @ Montoursville PresbyterianCouncil Meeting @ Montoursville PresbyterianDec 21 @ 9:30 am – 11:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...Dec23FriJan5ThuJan19Thu9:30 am Northern Tier Pastors Meeting @ Wellsboro First Presbyterian ChurchNorthern Tier Pastors Meeting @ Wellsboro First Presbyterian ChurchJan 19 @ 9:30 amShare this:EmailPrintFacebookPinterestLinkedInLike this:Like Loading...
- Presbyterian Women of the Presbytery of Northumberland
- Wee Kirk of Northeast Pennsylvania
- Krislund Camp Annual Fall Festival and Building Dedication
- Warrior Run Church – Heritage Days
- Managing Conflict/Finding Meaning Supporting Families at Life’s End
- Mooresburg Presbyterian Church
- Mansfield University Protestant Campus Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Grove Presbyterian Church
- Wellsboro First Presbyterian Church
Ministries in the Northumberland Presbytery
- Book of Order
- Church Events
- Community Events
- Continuing Education
- Council Meeting
- Important Dates
- Inspiring Stories of What God is doing…
- Krislund Camp
- Mission Yearbook
- Opportunities for Ministry
- Parish Paper
- Pastor Tier Meetings
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Presbyterian Men's Mission Network
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Presbyterian Women
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbytery Directory
- Presbytery Policies
- Presbytery Stated Meeting
- Resource center
- Youth Triennium
- Stated Clerk to lead live-streamed Reformation worship service Nov. 2 - Korean October 25, 2016
- Stated Clerk to lead live-streamed Reformation worship service Nov. 2 October 25, 2016
- Presbyterian Church Joins the Global #GivingTuesday Movement October 25, 2016
- Presbyterian Historical Society digital archives features 5,000 virtual items, and the list keeps growing October 25, 2016
- Presbyterians called to take a stand against sexual and gender-based violence - Korean October 20, 2016
The Northeast Pennsylvania region covers the lower Northeast states including Pennsylvania, Upstate New York, West Virginia, and Maryland. Established in 1991, the Northeast Pennsylvania Conference meets over three days in October. Community and radical hospitality are hallmarks of this conference, as well as an outstanding bookstore provided by Hearts and Minds Bookstore.
NO ONLINE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
To register, complete the registration form (in brochure), make your check payable to The Fellowship Community/NEPAWK and mail all to:
805 N Dawson St
Uhrichsvile, OH 44683
For more information go to: http://www.fellowship.community/northeast-pennsylvania/
Our annual service at Warrior Run Church for Heritage Days will be held on Sunday, October 2nd at 9:30 am. Rev. Paul A. Smith will portray Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, one of the most famous preachers of his day. Pastor Smith will preach a sermon that Beecher delivered in 1863 in response to President Lincoln’s call for the churches of the nation to have services of thanksgiving. Rev. Smith will be assisted by congregation member Kate Shade as she portrays Rev. Beecher’s sister, Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom’s Cabin. Communion will be served by costumed interpreters.
The Protestant Campus Ministry Board at Mansfield University, Mansfield, PA is looking for an individual to serve as Director of Campus Ministry, ½ time (25 hours per week). It is preferred, but not required, that this individual holds a M. Div. Degree from an accredited seminary. It is expected that candidates be a strong leader, with a contagious faith, and able to relate to all students on a personal level. Responsibilities would include, but not limited to, facilitating local churches in making connections with students, coordinating on campus ministries, and assisting in the discipleship of students. They will also be an ongoing presence within the university community. All serious inquiries and resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. The Campus Ministry Board is looking to fill this position as soon as possible and we will accept resumes until the position is filled.
Grove Presbyterian Church is hosting the Susquehanna Valley and Williamsport Chapters of the American Guild of Organists annual “Planning for Music Ministry” program.
Saturday Oct 8 from 9 AM – 4:30 PM.
It will be a great day for lots of valuable info, teaching and inspiration!
Wellsboro First Presbyterian Church is having a donated quilt sale for Syrian Refugee Relief. We have an anonymous donor who will match funds up to $4000.00 dollars. Our missions committee is sponsoring this effort. I’m attaching a flyer in hopes you may post it somewhere so it will get some exposure. We are selling tickets at $5.00 dollars and 3 tickets for $10.00 dollars. We can mail tickets to anyone who wishes or needs to send a check (note it for Syrian Ref Relief) to First Presbyterian Church * 130 Main Street, Wellsboro PA 16901.
Drawing is August 31st.